Robin's Top Issues
Robin serves on the House Energy and Technology Committee, where he is the Ranking Member. The HEAT Committee has jurisdiction over energy, telecommunications, broadband, and IT issues.
Robin also serves as chair of the Legislative Committee on Administrative Rules, comprised of four representatives and four senators. LCAR meets year around to review all rules proposed by state agencies ranging from Fish and Wildlife to the Department of Financial Regulation.
As leader of the House Progressive Caucus, Robin is a member of the House Leadership (Democrats, Republicans, Progressives and Independents) meeting weekly when in session. Meeting twice a week during the State of Emergency.
He is also a member of the following issues caucus groups which meet to plan and discuss specific action items:
- Working Vermonters Caucus
- Climate Solutions Caucus
- Rural Economic Development Working Group (REDWinG)
These are a few of the 75 bills I sponsored or co-sponsored this session:
- Increasing broadband access*
- Expanding unemployment insurance
- Banning corporate political campaign contributions
- Supporting small scale renewable energy
- Creating pollinator protections
Some other goals will take a while longer:
- Establishing universal primary health care
- Creation of a state bank for local investment
- Ranked choice voting